Summer 2011

Summer 2011
#teamtepperswag

Friday, March 16, 2012

Here We Go Again

I used to laugh when my old friend from the clinic, Bob, told me that some kids come into Dana Farber already naseaus, anticipating chemo, but this morning I wasn’t laughing. It didn't exactly help that I'd only slept a few hours and been woken up promptly at 5:30 (Thank you Happy!) Of course some ativan and marinol pills did the trick. Ativan is a muscle relaxant and, in short, caused me to sleep through the majority of Session 2 Round 1 Day 1 of chemotherapy treatment.
One hour of hydration, Two hours of streptozocin, another hour of hydration and finally two more hours of Leucovorin.  A cassette pump of 5FU was around my neck when I woke up, to be given over 48 hours. That pump looks like a mix between a shoulder purse and a graphing calculator. I'm starting a new trend, this thing is super fashionable.
Mom, daddy and I left the hospy around 4:00 and arrived back at home around 5:30. By then I was pretty awake, but didn't want to bother Alex or Nicholas, so naturally I obnoxiously texted some friends telling them I wanted Java Chip ice cream STAT. I have great friends.
The chemotherapy hasn't kicked in just yet which is a good sign! I'm keeping my fingers crossed :) I was going to say I'm going to bed but I am having a huge Funyons craving right now... well there's always breakfast! Goodnight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious Friends: