Summer 2011

Summer 2011
#teamtepperswag

Monday, December 12, 2011

Ho Ho Home!

One thing I've learned about being discharged from the hospital: If the nurses tell you they'll have your paperwork ready to go at 11:00 AM, they really mean 1:00 at the earliest so you might as well take your time packing up.

Discharge day is a pretty normal day in the hospital - the nurse draws my labs, takes my temperature and blood pressure regularly, monitors the oxygen saturation in my blood, records the exact amount of food I've eaten and water I've had to drink, and of course supplies me with my daily medications.

When it was time to go the nurse came into my room with my paperwork, of which is essentially a list confirming what medications I am on and which medications I will need prescriptions filled for at CVS. Then I sign this list and we can officially leave the hospy! We got home yesterday around 4:30. I was so happy to be home, it still feels like I haven't been here in ages! I know I should rest or something, but I really want to bake. Resting...baking... yup my decision is clear, holiday baking begins today! 13 days til Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun day... naht. But I'm glad you can be patient and find the humor in it!
    Keep up the baking, kid. Lemme know if ya need a partner in crime in the kitchen ;)

    You got my numbah.

    Love you tons,
    Sars Shanahan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOOOOOOVE Christmas baking!!! HOORAY!!! I did 8-dozen Christmas cookies this morning at 4:30am because I couldn't sleep. Eventually I ran out of cooking supplies and had to stop....and the sun came up. Then I started on my Gingerbread VILLAGE (not just a house my dear friend) and spent about 5-hours on that. Wish you were here to help decorate the Gingerbread because there is PLENTY to go around!!!

    ReplyDelete

Curious Friends: