Summer 2011

Summer 2011
#teamtepperswag

Saturday, December 17, 2011

A Little Last-Minute Preparation

I met yesterday with my oncologists, Andy and Janeway, for the last time before I leave for Michigan to sign off on a chemotherapy plan. The plan says that I will begin radiation on December 29th, and while I am on radiation I will be on a chemotherapy they're calling 5FU (great name, right?) I will have my port accessed on Monday, and be given a tiny pump that I will carry around for five days that will continuously give me chemotherapy through Saturday. On Saturday my home nurse will de-access me. This is nifty - I won't need to be admitted to the hospy to get treatment!

In short, I'm getting tattoos for my radiation accuracy on the 28th. This is called "planning." Then radiation will begin the following day, the 29th! Chemotherapy #1 starts January 3rd. That's all we know right now!

I'll be in Michigan next week. Hopefully the doctors there will agree with the treatment plan we have come up with in Boston. I'll be able to post more information then. :)

1 comment:

  1. HOORAY!!!!! That sounds like my chemotherapy, letters and numbers girly! How original is that?!? That's FANTASTIC that they're letting you do it at home too....that's how mine is set up for my second dose of the day for the three weeks that I'm on treatment. I would ordinarily be able to get my nurse to do it at home morning and evening, but I'm not well enough so they want it monitored. However, that being said, will you have to stay in Michigan? Or will you get the drugs in Boston like I am able to with the trial that I am on??? (Mine is an out of state trial as well). We are two peas in a pod chica....Boston girls put the pedal to the medal and the nose to the grindstone! At least we can go through our trials together.... Do you know how long yet the trial is supposed to last? I am T-minus 4.5 months. Yay!!! Anyway, lemme know if there is EVER anything you need and if I'm able do, you know I'll be the first one to hop on a plane and fly to Boston girly!!!

    ReplyDelete

Curious Friends: