Summer 2011

Summer 2011
#teamtepperswag

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Loonybin Lovegood

Dr. Marcus (Luna Lovegood) said that I will now be starting radiation on January 11th.   After discussions with doctors at the University of Michigan, she has decided I will need a special machine that needs to be callibrated and tested over a weekend before I can start.    This machine will be able to distribute different levels of radiation to different parts of my abdomen at the same time.   That way I will get the maximum dose where needed and lower doses on important organs. 

On Wednesday I went in to Brigham and Womens Hospital in Boston for "planning."   During planning they scanned the area of my body that will get radiation.   They also gave me 4 small tattoos that will enable them to line up the machine in the same place every time I am treated (every M-F for 5-6 weeks.)   I got me some fine-lookin' tats. But no, they're not tigers or cupcakes. They are more like freckles.  

I'm told that each radiation session will just take 15-20 minutes.   I will lie down on an uncomfortable table, they will line up the machine with my tats, and then radiate.  

The results of my scans from Tuesday (MRI and CATscans) showed that I have no new growth in my abdomen, but I do have some new tumor growth in both of my lungs.    I now have 2 tumors in my right lung and 4 in my left.   They are all still relatively small.   The radiation will only help my abdomen, so after 5-6 weeks of that treatment I will need to go on chemotherapy stat to slow down growth in my lungs.  

Leaving on a positive note, I had some time to clean my room and it looks beautiful! 

Everyone be safe tonight.   Happy New Year!   

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your postings. You truly amaze me Leah !! I wish you ONLY happiness in 2012 !! Love,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Mum who was experiencing weight gain, hair loss and acne, bouts of chest and abdominal pain and several months of unrelenting headaches that no medicine could relieve, In fact, it got worse. saw various doctors they decided that the lab levels indicated nothing much at all, until we met a Doc. who did CT scan, and she was diagnosed with adrenocortical carcinoma. So after one year, A surgeon advice was to remove her tumor, along with her left kidney. she needed to see someone with extensive experience in treating adrenal gland tumors for the next phase of her treatment. Knowing she needed to get an answer once and for all, we looked up on the internet and saw someone who testified about Aryan herbal medicine which she took and she had no more symptoms since then. You can also contact him if interested at
    draryan500@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Curious Friends: